Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Down the Beaten Path"

This past Saturday was such a wonderful morning to be painting outdoors at my plein air session. I found a place to paint and set up my stuff on a nearby bench. I knelt down to paint this scene of a path that led to a wonderful little lake. It was hard to decide what to paint, since there was so much beauty. There were a number of other painters and they too were set up and started taking in the breathtaking scene of that morning.

Here is the painting that I created. Most was completed at the session, around 2 hours and another hour at home to finish it up. Isn't nature beautiful? Those trees are so interesting and easy to look at!
This is a watercolor with some white gouache to highlight on Arches watercolor paper, approx. 12 x 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment