Saturday, April 3, 2010

Finally Finished my Two Year Project

Several years ago, I started a project and I can now say...I am DONE!  My sisters and I were talking about how we would all like to have our mom's recipes.  Each of us had a few of the regular dishes that she made and especially the desserts.  So, I did a little research and found this great website that gives you a way to self publish a book. 

At blurb.com, you can download software that makes it easy to pop in a template and create a themed book.  I downloaded the software and started plugging in the recipe template.  I thought that it would be easy to just whip this thing together....NOT!  It took me two years to complete the book of only 40 pages.  How do those authors write 800 page novels?  Most of the work involved collecting pictures and recipes and then entering them into the computer.  I wanted to dedicate the book to my mother so, I called it "Lorraine's Favorite Recipes and More". 

I am so happy that the book is finally finished and I can finally say "I'm done"! 

Now what do I do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment