Sunday, June 5, 2011

Art Reception-May 20th, 2011

Well, it's been a few weeks since my reception and I find myself looking back and thinking about the experience.
It was wonderful!
I enjoyed conversing with everyone who was there and had a good time showing my art.
The best thing that came out of the reception was an invitation to start teaching watercolor at the Round Lake Beach Cultural Center.  After some discussion with the facilitator, we came up with a three week, 2 hour class in July on Wednesday mornings.  It will be interesting to see how many sign up and attend.  I have been preparing a supply list and getting some information collected to share with anyone who attends the class.  With very little background in art (I didn't attend any university, mainly I'm self taught) it will be a challenge to direct my art career into something more than just showing, selling and painting.  Now I can add teaching to my portfolio! Onward and upward!


May 20th 2011-Round Lake Beach Cultural Center

No comments:

Post a Comment