Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wild Thistles

For the first time in my life, I am teaching a watercolor class! It has been a wonderful experience and I am not sure if they are getting more out of it or me!  It has reignited my passion for watercolors and brought attention to how much I know about watercolors and gouache painting.  I am totally enjoying the three students that I have and hope they are too.

I did these two paintings over the weekend to show the class the difference between using masking fluid and not using it.  Wild Thistles I was painted with masking fluid and gouache with watercolor on the flowers and Wild Thistles II was painted without masking, by reserving areas and watercolor with white gouache.


These are both 9 x 24 size on Canson watercolor paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment