Saturday, April 18, 2009

Quick Watercolor and Ink


Learning to just paint is what counts. I have a habit of trying to add every little detail to a painting and crowd in all the little details making the painting too busy. This time I put in what I thought would make a good painting. I found the big old oak hanging over this docking area very beautiful. The original photo was taken on a plein air session last year up in Antioch, IL.
Today I am going to go to the Adlai Stevenson Historic Home in Mettawa for another plein air session with my group from the Lake County Art League. I am excited because the sky's are clear and it will be warmer today. Last session, it was a bit brisk and sunny, but was a little windy for painting. So I am hoping for a calmer day to actually have more time to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment