Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sprague Lake-Gouache on Watercolor paper

Spraugue Lake #1-$75 unframed
Well, I finally was able to start painting some of the wonderful scenes I experienced in the Rockies a few weeks back.  This painting was from Sprague Lake just south west of Estes Lake north of Boulder Colorado. 

My childhood friend Tim Siebert took me up to where he does some of his photographing and we got to share some of the beauty of the Rocky Mountains together.  It was great fun and I enjoyed the day. 

Tim and I attended grade school and high school together and I had not seen him for about 15 years until our 35th reunion last year. So it was a lot of fun catching up and getting to tag along with a great photographer to see and share artistic talents. 

Thanks Tim for the great time and for showing me your favorite spots.  They were breathtaking. 

This is a painting I just completed-Gouache on Watercolor Paper-5 x 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment