Saturday, November 26, 2011

Last October

Last October-Transparent Watercolor- Unframed $150
This morning I started painting as I usually do each day (that is if I have the time) and drank my morning java with flavored cream and ice.  Three cups are usually my limit.

I have been messing around with acrylics and I am far from mastering that, but learning how to work with the medium. I started an 11 x 14 on canvas board of a large dahlia with a dark background.  It has a long way to go, so I will post when that one is completed if it is worthy of seeing.

And my watercolors are sometimes frustrating, but I continue to go back and try and work a full painting using transparent watercolor only.

Today, I did a scene that was from last October of a photo I took I believe in Libertyville, so of course, I call this one "Last October".  It is a transparent watercolor on Canson, 12 x 18, 140 lb. paper.  I used a variety of colors, which include: burnt alizrin, sepia, paynes gray, violet, indigo, hunter green, quinacridone gold, cadimuim and lemon yellow.  I usually mix my hunter with the indigo to get a darker green.  The violet, paynes gray and the indigo to get a dark deep color for depth.  And to give me my whites back, I scraped the surface of the tree trunks to brighten them.

4 comments:

  1. Deb, this is breathtaking. I love your work. You are very very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at your 2 favorites for the 2011 at Wetcanvas and wanted to tell you I really like your "Red Barn" as well as this one. Your's are my favorite paintings this far. Keep up the good work. And I am enjoying your blog. Aloha Raliegh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Raliegh! There are some very talented artist on wet canvas...glad you like my work!

    ReplyDelete